Thursday, October 23, 2014

Low Carb Taco Soup


Mmmmmmm.....taco soup. This is ridiculously easy to make but the flavor is big and bold. Certainly doesn't taste low carb. As a matter of fact, my family devoured all of it! 

Sadly, this isn't my creation but I salute the person who created it. The only thing I changed was dumping a can of Rotel tomatoes into the pot. I pureed mine because. ....ewwwww. ....chunks. I know. I know. I'm weird.

Without further ado, here is the recipe for this yum pot. http://theprimalfoodblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/taco-soup/
-----------------------------------------------
I have no idea why the formatting is messed up. Just thought I'd throw that out there. 
-----------------------------------------------

And now an update on the heart saga. 

I was scheduled for my nuclear stress test tomorrow but Chuck decided we really need to go on a little trip for our 24th anniversary which is on October 27. Twenty-four years! Can you believe it? I don't know how that's possible since I'm still 21. ;) Mentally. 

Anyway, I rescheduled the stress test for a couple of weeks but then they call me and say I need to pay something around $750 up front. So I'm going to wait to take the test.  I'm sure everything is fine. Many people have little irregularities with the heartbeat. They've already done soooo many tests! So I'm not in a big hurry to drop that much money on yet more tests at the moment. 
-------------------------------------------------

Let's talk about something fun.  The weekend!  Tomorrow we're headed to San Antonio to stay 2 nights at the Emily Morgan next door to the Alamo. Then Sunday we're heading to Galveston to stay at the San Luis Resort! Way overdue for a road trip. And I'm so excited!

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures to share. And in case you're wondering,  I plan on staying low carb during the trip. I feel too good to go back to eating crap. Plus I'm dropping pounds and inches. Wouldn't it be cool to go on a mini vacation and actually lose weight? That's my goal. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Have a wonderful weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who does a walking history tour of the Alamo. Its really interesting and you get a little exercise. His website is sanantoniowalks.com his name is Gary. My name is amber and I've been reading your blog since July when I had a gastric band put in. Happy anniversary!
    P.S. It may have already posted this comment but it looked like it didn't so I'm trying again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)