Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weight Loss Update and a Couple of EASY, fast Low Carb Dinners

I'm still on the low carb wagon! Yeeha! It's been so much easier this time and I don't know why.  Maybe I've just chilled out about the whole thing and accepted it.  Who knows?  Whatever the reason may be,  I'm happy about it.  Don't go waving a roll in my face though. Chomp!

I tested my blood with my handy dandy ketone measuring device and I got a reading of 4.1! Holy fat loss, Batman! I also noticed a surge of energy when the ketones were up.  Coincidence? I think not.  I mean I felt like I was on some kind of high! Happy happy happy!

WEIGHT LOSS. When ketones are up,  the weight is down.  Hot damn! I've lost a total of 21 POUNDS now! I set mini 5 pound goals so the next goal is 25 pounds down. I'm looking do forward to surprising my doctor next month! Woohoo!

I'll post a typical daily menu soon so you can see what's working for me.  Your mileage may vary and I'm not claiming this is the only way to lose weight.  Just what's working for me.

FOOD. You've been busy all day and you don't feel like spending much time in the kitchen. I feel ya.  I really do.  I have some dinners that I call my throw down meals. They take no thought, not much planning, they're cheap, fast, and delicious.

The first I present to you is my Throw Down Tuna Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Thing.
There's no reason to overthink this one. It's just too easy.

Mix drained and rinsed shirataki noodles (I used macaroni shaped) in a pan with some cream cheese,  cheddar or American cheese, a glob of butter, a little chicken bullion, little whipping cream,  salt,  pepper,  celery salt or celery seed,  garlic powder,  and tuna. Just whatever seasonings you like. The main idea is tuna,  noodles,  and cheesy goodness.

I topped it with crumbled parmesan crisps to mimic a potato chip topping that some tuna casseroles use. 

Parmesan Crisps: preheat oven to 400°, put parchment paper on baking sheet, spoon tablespoons of SHREDDED, not grated,  parmesan in piles,  spread them out slightly,  bake for 3-5 minutes or until browned.  Not burnt. It's a fine line.  They crisp as they cool. Can also be used as chips for dip but they're very rich! 

Throw Down Pizza:
You can't get much easier than this! I use either low carb pita bread or low carb tortillas.  Parchment paper on a sheet pan, oven around 350°, slather the lowest carb pizza sauce you can find, top with cheese and whatever you like on pizza. I sprinkle it with garlic powder and Italian herbs. Bake until melty.

An alternative method is to put some butter in a skillet and cook there. It gets the bottom nice and crispy. May need to cover it so cheese melts on top.

Throw Down Omelet Dinner: no picture because it's what I'm coming tonight! I just use whatever I have for fillings for omelets. Tonight can be ham and cheese or pizza omelets. Whatever the team wants. It's cheap, filling, and fast and uses up stuff I have in the fridge. Win win.

Not every meal needs to take a long time.  You can get creative with whatever you have and not spend a lot of time. Don't forget dinner salads too! Super Yum! 

Next post....Korean Beef! 
Have an awesome day. Keep your head high and the carbs low. :-)



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this food looks so good. I'm taking a more low carb approach right now--so I can make these recipes. Yummy! Hope you have been doing well- it has been a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. These recipes really look like ones I would try. I've been doing a pretty good job of making a batch of something on the weekend and taking it for lunch during the week. Since going back to work I've put on and taken off 5 pounds several times.. The up and down makes me nervous, but at least I'm not going up permanently. I hope all the news about your heart is good, and that your low carb lifestyle will help improve those numbers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)